Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Season's Greetings. Happy Holidays. Merry Christmas.

Each day I go out to the mail box and each day there are more, and more Christmas cards. I love Christmas cards, they are sort of an acknowledgement that you mean something to somebody. Even if they only printed out an address label, signed a card, stuffed it into an envelope, and went to the post office to mail it... like I do, it means something.

Yes, I admit it, I'm a bad Christmas card sender. Other people take the time to jot down a personal note, or at least an extra 'Love ya' in the card, but not me. Every time I try, it just looks so hokey, not to mention my bad, no terrible, penmanship. I wish that I had that beautiful, flowing handwriting, and the ability to come across as truly thoughtful, but instead the recipient of my holiday card is stuck with the troubling task of trying to decipher my scrawl. So thank you all for the cards. We do appreciate them and display them around our living room. I just hope you all won't be offended when you get my pre-printed envelope containing our holiday greetings, with 'Love Alan and Mark' scratched across the bottom.

8 comments:

  1. Mine just said Alan and Mark, where's the love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Various towns in England are twinned with French and German cities. A few years ago the English town sent the German town a Christmas card and the Germans didn't send one to them. OHHHH the outrage. Maybe the Germans had a premonition about the UK buggering up the Euro talks. Anyhow, things just never go well between those two countries.

    But Alan, have a great Christmas. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a throw across your lap or are you writing Christmas cards in red and green plaid pants?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hostess, obviously it's my Christmas underpants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bah Humbug. It's all just poppycock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never got one...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got mine, but I haven't sent any out to the people I care about. I'm so not full of any holiday spirit!! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas Card recipientDecember 21, 2011 at 7:24 PM

    Mine said love alan and mark! Sorry Dennis, he must like me more!

    ReplyDelete