Thursday, March 21, 2019

At the Sound Bar: I'll Have a High(deci)Ball


Last week I went downstairs to see if the mail had been delivered. When I opened the door to the vestibule, I saw three packages. Two of them small boxes, and one very large and strangely shaped box. Mark had been shopping on line again. Well, to say he was shopping 'again' is misleading. What he did was just continue the shopping he's been doing every day since last October. That was when Mark started to feel well enough to shop again, but not well enough to actually go to a store. I lugged the box up the stairs and into the living room. It kind of looked like a small chair or a door stop for a very large door. I turned it around and read the outside of the box. "LG Sound Bar".
"Mark", I said in a calm voice, "Why did you buy a sound bar? We have one of these. In fact we have two surround sound systems."
"I've been asking you for two years to hook up the sound bar to the television, and you told me you would as soon as you found the cables for it."
"Okay. I said I would, and I will. In fact I was thinking the other day that I might know where I packed those cables away when we moved."
"Ya, ya, ya. I got tired of waiting so I bought a new one that comes with cables."
Well, that made sense. So I unpacked the new surround sound system and installed it on our living room television. As stupid as it might seem, I am very glad Mark wasted more money on another new system. This one was even easier than the last one to connect. Only one cable and the big woofer speaker is wireless. I had it all together in ten minutes. Now we can rattle the windows when we watch movies, and those actors I thought were mumbling are much easier to hear. Besides, Mark wasted his own money on a whole new sound bar and if I do find the cables for the old one, I can put it in the bedroom. And if Dennis, whose bedroom is right above ours, complains about his bed vibrating, I'll just point out that in finer, cheap motels. he would have to pay for a vibrating bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment