Wednesday, September 2, 2020

The Summer of Covid

 

Summer Fun

It popped up on my computer yesterday. September 1, 2020. Okay, what the hell happened to summer? Last I heard it was the beginning of March and we had six more weeks of bowling left before summer came. The bowling league never finished, I don't remember April, and if four more months came and went how come I don't remember grilling hamburgers outdoors? I do seem to recollect sending Mark to the hospital in an ambulance at one point, and he was out of the house for three weeks. Then he was back. Days turned into nights which turned into days. So some time did pass. I also remember the air conditioners running, so at some point it was hot. And the dogs, they kept getting me up at five in the morning because the sun was coming up. I guess that was summer. I just don't remember doing anything summer like. No lakefront visits, no bringing Mark's famous mac and cheese to a cookout, no visiting Mom. That's correct, no visiting Mom other than two short visits. Twenty one weeks and only two visits to see Mom? Another thing, I've only filled the gas tank on the car four times since the end of February. So there's no way summer is over. I should have filled the tank twenty one times since the beginning of March. Oh shit, baseball. What the hell happened to baseball? I did see a game last week, or was it two weeks ago. But that was spring training, wasn't it? I mean, there were no people in the stands so it couldn't have been real. Although, the sleep it brought on as I sat in my recliner chair was real. I'm so confused. How the fuck could summer have slipped by? And now I see promos for football on the television. Football, in the middle of summer? Shit, maybe the computer is correct. Maybe it really is September. Maybe I'm going crazy.

2 comments:

  1. The world, the whole world is crazy. Yes, summer, what summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I have lived in "Groundhog Day" for way too long.

    ReplyDelete