Monday, December 7, 2020

Vaccination Anticipation

 


I haven't been this excited since I was a kid and hadn't figured out that Santa Claus wasn't real. Kind of a letdown learning that my dad was responsible for not getting me the Remco Deluxe Playmobile. It would have been better if I could blame it on some magical guy who delivered billions of gifts in one day. Anyway, it appears, according to the CDC, that sometime in February I will have access to the covid19 vaccine. That's because I'm over sixty five years old, and I have a previous health issue I can use to get in there sooner. Seriously, who knew that having cancer thirty years ago would come in handy one day. Now all I have to do is hang in there through the Christmas season, New Years, all the snow and crap of January, and if I'm still alive by February I get the shot. Two more months of this goddamned hermit life. Even the dogs are tired of me hanging around all the time. I do check in with my upstairs neighbor, Dennis, at least once every day. He says that he checks the hallway security cameras to see if I'm still alive. If I were to miss the morning dog duty, Dennis would know and come right on down to see if paramedics, police, or the undertaker are needed. Which is good because it would forestall the dogs getting so hungry they'd eat me. So happy holidays. Wear a mask, stay at home, and if you must go out shopping for groceries at the Jewel, don't sneeze in there. Specifically, the Jewel at Foster and Pulaski.

2 comments:

  1. I go there at least once a week: while Larry is exercising at Galter, I stock up on groceries at the Foster and Pulaski Jewel! Happy Holidays, Alan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to get there by 7:30 in the morning. Less people wandering around then.

      Delete