Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chuck E. Cheese Summer Camp


I have never been to a Chuck E. Cheese, but in my imagination I see an insane asylum filled with crazed, pizza stained midgets, dressed as kids. It seems that only in a place of such bedlam could a mother, either intentionally, or by mistake, lose a kid.

My mom and dad had eleven children. Eleven curious, energetic little rug rats, and they never, ever, lost one of us. They dragged us through the zoo, visited various museums with their horde, and even took us to amusement parks without the single loss of a child. Even if my parents had wanted to lose us it would have been difficult. This is because at an early age we were left to our own devices to amuse ourselves, which included wandering alone through the woods, and exploring our town on bicycles without adult intervention. No matter how far we ranged we always knew how to make it back home. There were certainly times when mom and dad needed to escape from the madness of living in a world of screaming kids, and shitty diapers, but they would either find somebody to watch us or send us to grandma's house. Besides, they couldn't have lost me on purpose if they wanted to, I had memorized our phone number and address early on.

I don't know what's up with all these Chuck E. Cheese incidents. Maybe those goofy moms 'forgetting' their kids at Chuck E. Cheese should take a queue from Sarah Palin. Write their name, address, and phone number on the kids hand before you take them out.

1 comment:

  1. Honest to goodness...that's just crazy!! I don't believe their use of the word "lost". It sounds too fishy to me. I think the mom's got tired of always tending to the kids 24/7, and felt they needed a break from the grueling life of being a responsible adult. Kind of like...I "lost" my wedding ring...or...I got "lost" on my way to the office. Ya know...that kinda thing.

    ReplyDelete