Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Poopies



The bathroom isn't anything new to Scout. She found that place right away when she moved in. To Scout, the bathroom is a source of very interesting chewy things. There are the cardboard toilet paper tubes, they shred nicely. She once found one of my disposable razors in there and chewed that thing up without even slicing her mouth open. But her all time favorite chewy thing in the bathroom are my used, Breathe Right® nasal strips. Those last for hours and they have the flavor of her favorite human on them. All that has paled in comparison since the other day. That was the day that Scout discovered what I do in there. She got curious and scratched at the bathroom door while I was in there, so I opened the door and invited her in. She entered, sat in the middle of the room, and looked around trying to figure out just what was going on. Suddenly she cocked her head with a look of disbelief on her face. It was as if the light had gone on in her brain. 'Daddy's pooping in here. Daddy is doing what he has yelled at me for doing in the house, yet here he is... pooping in the house.'  Later in the day she followed me in there again. This time it was just a quick pee break. Again, the look on her face said it all. "I can't believe it. That asshole screamed at me when I peed on the bed, yet here he is peeing into my emergency drinking water.'

I don't know if I'll continue to allow her to follow me into the bathroom. Chandler seems to have no interest in it at all, but not Scout. It seems that she is still learning all the wonders of our home, and that bathroom is one of the most wondrous. I just can't do my thing while she sits and stares at me with those big brown, accusing eyes. Besides, it might give her some wrong ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment