Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Mook


The Perfect Doctor's Waiting Room

Yesterday was my bi-annual visit to the eye doctor. Despite no snow on the pavement, no ice anywhere because it had all melted away, traffic was stupid. Unfortunately, getting to the eye doctor requires driving through some congested neighborhoods. At one point I was behind some mook1 driving fifteen miles per hour, too terrified to pass a crawling construction vehicle on a four lane street. Even more frustrating, I couldn't do any of my fancy driving to get around them because I was in front of a police car. I did finally get to my eye doctor's office, fifteen minutes early. So that fancy driving, though fun, wasn't even necessary. As usual the doctor and his minions went through the whole routine. The poking me in the eyes, putting eye drops in my eyes to dilate them. Shining super bright lights in my eyes after my pupils are the size of saucers. Poking me in the eyes again. All the fun stuff the doctor likes to do. There was good news and bad news. Bad news, my cataracts are slightly worse and I need glasses again. Good news, my glaucoma is stable, no change. Also, I learned that if you schedule your appointment immediately after lunch, there is no waiting. I was first in line. I got out of there in less than an hour. One more good news item, they're moving the doctor's office about a mile closer to my house and I won't have to drive through mook1 country again.



1) Mook: a contemptible, incompetent person. Dictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment