Tuesday, April 23, 2019

It Feels Springy


Just a little over one week ago, we had a snow storm. It snowed all day that Sunday and inches of snow lay on the ground by Monday morning. This Sunday it was seventy five degrees out and on Monday the thermometer in my yard read eighty one degrees. Chicago, you have to love it or you'll go nuts. I love it. So anyway, those warm temperatures and sunny skies helped the leaves to start popping on the trees. I noticed the green tinge as I drove down the street. It made me happy. In my back yard the tulips were lured out for a glorious display yesterday morning. The dogs lolled in the grass for a long time and I even noticed that it might need mowing by the end of this week. So I took a chance. I believe in my heart that the temperature will not fall below freezing again until November. I transplanted my babies from the basement. Since February I have been growing flowers in a window in the basement. Nasturtiums and marigolds. It was the nasturtiums that I planted along the fence in the backyard, with the marigolds going in later this week. So I seriously do not want to see any more snow or freezing temperatures. You hear that Mother Nature? No more goddamned snow!!

Nasturtiums

2 comments:

  1. Those are ablaze with potential Alan, Nasturtium look really fine!! Marigolds generally thrive here. I am with you in your hopes for a real, sustained spring. Congrats on raising them all from seed. I need to clean up our back yard, it remains littered with our neighbor's oak leaves from last November. Once I get the gumption to clear away those leaves I want to check out the new garden center "City Grange" not far from your neighborhood. Will let you know how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just a month or less ago we drove past that little white brick building and it was empty. We'll have to visit City Grange soon.

    ReplyDelete