Monday, December 9, 2019

Her Royal Highness


The Inner Mark

Sleepy time and that bed is looking good. But first, I have to clean the living room floor so the robot doesn't get stuck. Take out the dogs. Get Mark his pills and water. Take my pills. Turn the heat down and turn out the lights. Finally, I get to slip in between the sheets and drift off to sleep. But wait, what the hell is this?
"Mark! You've been eating in bed again!" I whine.
No answer from him. He just grunts and rolls over. Crumbs are everywhere, I hate crumbs in bed. You have to understand, I have very keen senses and those crumbs feel like gravel to me, like I'm sleeping on a country road. So I have to turn on the lights and start brushing the crumbs and bits and pieces of whatever Mark has been eating out of the bed. I never eat in bed. I don't drink anything while I'm in bed. Not Mark. I'm surprised he didn't have Thanksgiving dinner in bed. Anyway, this is what I have to put up with and I know he'll never change. Not after twenty two years together. So I'll ask Santa for a nice Dust Buster vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment