Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Buy Me Some Peanuts and Cracker..... Oh Crap, What Did I Just Sit in?

 

Catastrophic Tornado Hits My Lilies

Sunday night I was wiped out. As a huge thunder storm that fueled numerous tornadoes swirled around my house, I slept. I do remember waking up to the bright flash and loud clap of thunder just once, but nothing else. Upstairs, Dennis was awake and watched as the trees bent to the ground and my lilies were destroyed. I slept. The reason I was so tired is that I had a rare weekend of activities. Not the usual hours of sitting on my ass watching television, but actual things to do. Like early on Saturday morning my next door neighbors took me out for breakfast. What a seriously nice thing for them to do. For my part, I fired up the old 1929 Ford and drove us all to the restaurant. Later in the day I hosted movie night with Gary and Doug. Or as Doug described it, "Two hours of watching a movie while you two chatty Cathy's talked over the plot lines." Not that there is much of a plot to Godzilla vs Kong. It's just a lot of noise and CGI laid over a formula monster movie. Sunday morning involved getting up the courage to go to a Chicago Cubs baseball game with my sister, Carolyn. I didn't feel like going, but I did want to spend time with Carolyn. So at noon I stood out on the corner of Peterson and Washtenaw and waited for the bus. Ten minutes later the bus dropped me off at the Red Line train station where a sign told me that they moved the station entrance one block back. Long story made a bit shorter, nine innings of baseball. Beer, vodka, peanuts. Walk over to the gay bars on Halsted after the game to the Kit Kat Lounge for food, and more beer and more vodka. Drag queen performer pissed off because Carolyn looked better and danced better. Tipped the bartender and the drag queen. Flagged down a taxi (cheaper than Uber) and said goodbye to Carolyn. I was fucking pooped. This old age crap is getting to me. Anyway, that's why I slept through Sunday night's big storm. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment