Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanksgiving Tribute to Mark

 

The big meal, Thanksgiving. For Mark, Thanksgiving was his Super Bowl. He would go over the top every year. Appetizers, seven or more dishes for the actual dinner, and dessert. All of it above and beyond the common holiday dinner. Nobody ever walked away from Mark's table dissatisfied.

I'm going to my sister Peggy's house for Thanksgiving dinner this year. As a tribute to Mark I am bringing macaroni and cheese that I made from his recipe. Mark always told me that all I had to do was follow the recipe and I could cook like him. It sounded so simple. Macaroni and cheese. I used to whine and complain every time Mark had his big meals because I had to clean up. I asked why he couldn't clean as he went along? Why did he have to use so many pots and pans, utensils and gadgets? I now can appreciate what Mark used to do. Yesterday I used nearly every dish, chopping board, pot, pan, and utensil I could reach preparing the mac and cheese. Mark went through this for an entire meal, he would work for days preparing and cooking. I was beat and dead tired doing only one side dish. When I was all done, the kitchen looked like a hurricane had blown through and I had to clean it up. I did have one little helper who made sure there was nothing left that had dropped on the floor. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment