Monday, May 9, 2022

Finally

 


It has been a very chilly and wet spring, but finally things have begun to straighten out. They say you shouldn't plant anything before Mother's Day anyway, so no loss. Over the weekend I worked in the garden planting shit. Well, not shit. That's for Scout to do. I planted a lot of flowers. I'm going with a little different look this year. Lots of begonias along with the ever popular marigolds. I think it will turn out pretty good in about a month when things fill in.

I also did some work on my old 1929 Ford. I had ordered a bunch of parts for the car and after planting flowers, I went into the garage and got to work on it. Unfortunately, I was not able to do exactly what I had wanted to do. That's because I am suffering from 'old man eyes', and I ordered the wrong parts. I needed rear spring shackles (Not important to know what those are for the story). When I opened the box I found that they had shipped me shackles for the front end spring. I was furious, but when I checked my order I saw that I had clicked on the wrong part. Same thing for the rear window seals I had ordered. When I tried to put them on the car, they didn't fit. Because they were for the front windows. This time I called the company I bought them from and while I was talking to the guy it became glaringly obvious that it was my fault. Again, checked the wrong box. At least I was able to do one thing I had been planning on. I brought together my gardening with my car hobby. I turned one of my old tires into a flower bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment