Monday, October 30, 2023

Daisy

 

Grrrrrrr......

This is Daisy, my third foster dog so far this year. She gets along really well with Scout, seems to like me very much, and she has killed two rats so far in the back yard. I plan to keep this one. No dog is perfect. Daisy has her flaws. The previous owner had Daisy's DNA done and she is 49% Yorkshire Terrier, 49% Pomeranian, and 2% Chihuahua. Yorkies are energetic and feisty. Chihuahuas are energetic, feisty, and bold. Pomeranians are energetic, and like to spin in circles. What all those breeds have in common is "energetic". Daisy is energetic, and she spins in circles. In fact sometimes it's like living with a tiny, furry, crack head. Ever since she got her first kill in the back yard it has become her favorite place. She runs the entire perimeter of the yard along the fences checking for rats, thus pointing out to me all the places rats enter and exit my yard. Not too many are visiting anymore since Daisy took over.

Next week we have to go through the stupid ritual of changing the time again. I am not looking forward to that. Mostly because my dogs are very attuned to the schedule I keep. Up at 5:30am. Eat dinner at 5:00pm. At around 9:00pm I turn off the television and lights in the living room, and move to the back of the house. If I don't do that Scout will stand in front of my chair and stare at me, letting out an occasional little bark. Daisy has now joined her in that routine. I've been trying to get them used to later times so that they'll be acclimated by next week when the clocks get turned back. I don't want to be getting up at 4:30am and have Scout telling me to turn off the television at 8:00pm. Seriously, if I don't get up out of bed at the right time, Daisy just keeps walking on me until I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment