Tuesday, July 28, 2009

She Was Jesus' Lady Friend

Mark is pissed at me. It seems that I've stepped on his Jeopardy answer once too often tonight. Just like in many homes, Mark and I sit and watch Jeopardy every night, and compete against each other. The rules are a lot easier when you are playing at home. You don't have to answer in the form of a question, and pronunciation is not all that important, especially since Mark has that crazy New Jersey accent, and also suffers from Norm Crosby disease. For instance if the Jeopardy answer is "It's used for putting out small fires.", I will accept Mark's answer if he says "What is a fire distinguisher?".

Tonight I have been exceptionally good, and I have beaten Mark to the answers most of the time. The only categories that Mark has the advantage in are movies, theater, and art. My forte' is sports, and early television history. All other categories are up for grabs. It is amazing how much minutia and random crap you actually know, but Jeopardy brings it all out of you. Tonight my mind was working well. I was getting answers in categories that I wouldn't even have thought I'd know, and Mark doesn't like it. Now we have had Final Jeopardy, and the subject was ‘The Bible’, which I know nothing about, and couldn‘t answer. I guess if I want dinner, I’ll have to accept Mark’s question to the answer, “Who is Mary Mandolin?”.

5 comments:

  1. I started writing this some time ago and never got past the first two sentences. By the time I got back to it I had forgotten the facts of the story. So the actual Final Jeopardy question might have been a little different, but the flavor of Mark's answer was the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The facts are irrelevant. Mary Mandolin made me LOL.

    I think I would pay to watch Mark & Karlene play Jeopardy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why let facts get in the way of a good story?

    LOL at Mary Mandolin.

    Speaking of sports, did you hear that Tim Lincecum struck out 15 last night? He was on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this story!! Especially since the one thing we never had to really read or learn in Catholic school was the bible!! We just had to take "their" word for everything....and "they" gave that the name of "faith", you either have it or you don't! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'They' taught us the Catechism, which was kind of 'Bible Lite'. Less filling and sounds good, or at least reads like a Harry Potter book.

    ReplyDelete