Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Torturous and the Hair


"Do you want it squared or rounded?". I am sitting in the barber chair, and for much too long a strange man has been fondling my head. I hate to have my head touched. So much so that I don't even like to wear hats, yet here I am not only letting this man touch it, I am paying him twenty one dollars to do it. As for the question, squared or rounded, he is talking about the back of my neck. They always ask this question, and I never know what to say. How the hell do I know what the back of my neck should look like? As long as it isn't shaved crooked or have big chunks of hair shaved out of it, I am fine with however he does it.

What I can't stand is the touching. About twenty minutes into the haircut, and I am starting to fidget and squirm like a three year old kid. What the hell is taking him so long? The whole reason I keep my hair so short is so the barber can do it quickly. On top of my weird phobia, halfway through the haircut, I had an allergy attack and had to have the barber pause while I whipped out my hanky. It just wouldn't do to have a violent sneezing fit while a man is running a razor over my skull.

Of course I did survive my haircut. I even managed to keep perfectly still while the barber shaved my neck, and around my ears with a straight razor, but one thing is still bugging me. Squared or rounded? What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. That bottom picture reminds me, how is bowling going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it was round or square but it sure looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely rounded square! He just followed the lay of the land!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahhaa @ bowling comment :D:D

    Nice hair cut Alan, reminds me that I should go and get a trim my self .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like bowling now. I wonder why? hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete