Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love, and Flowers, and Butterflies, and Rainbow Unicorns....

Am I wrong? I hate Valentine's Day. I hate the candy, the flowers, and the fact that I am forced to buy dinner on this specific day. I hate that I must pretend to be more in love on this day than on any other. I hate that I must spend money right at the point that I am starting to recover from Christmas. I hate that I am going to get in trouble because I did not buy flowers this year, nor any candy. We do have reservations for dinner at 6:30, and I will order wine and whatever my beloved requires on this day, but it will not solely be out of love. It will be because I feel obligated. All year long I show my feelings in little ways. I do things for him all the time. I allow him to pick out the color that I will paint the inside of our house. I allow him to pick out the furniture. Hell, just the fact that we are still living in the same house and neither of us has killed each other should be proof enough that I don't hate him. Wouldn't it be better if flowers showed up unexpectedly on some random day of the year? Wouldn't a nice night out without the pressure of Valentine's Day show more feelings? I'll tell you what I hate most. It's when Mark starts reading my blog and comes across this post. Dinner had better be really nice tonight.

7 comments:

  1. Agree with everything you said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_jHo93NP64&feature=youtube_gdata_player

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and rainbows, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies, and ponies,

    ReplyDelete
  4. godiva chocolate really?

    ReplyDelete
  5. After 42 years I think we finally have it figured out....neither of us needs candy, but I do like a simple bouquet and he likes the lasagna dinner I made after working the entire day! I stopped buying him cards as I wasted $3-$5 when he would just put it back into the envelope, no matter how clever it was! And he can just compose one of his silly poems for me....I keep those!!

    ReplyDelete