Monday, September 18, 2017

Enjoy the Go



I've got my grilled cheese sandwich and some iced tea. I settle into my big fluffy recliner to eat my lunch, and I turn on the television. No sooner do I take a big, cheesy bite, when the toe commercial comes on. What the hell is wrong with these people? There's a guy talking and a bunch of people sitting around. Suddenly I am shown up close, real close, shots of their toes. They are spreading them apart showing off scabs, sores, flaking skin, all kinds of horrible things that can go on between the toes. Who decided that you need to be disgusting and vulgar to sell crap on television? Who is writing these ads, what company thinks this is how you sell your stuff, and why would the television stations put these things on the air? And it's not just sketchy, fly by night, snake oil peddlers doing this. One toilet tissue company has a whole ad campaign centered around "Enjoy the go." Basically they're saying that everybody has to take a shit, so just sit back, relax, and enjoy it. Another one claims that they can get your butt so clean that you won't need underwear, and to prove it they show a lady running around in white shorts. I'm sorry, but sooner or later she's going to need underwear. The worst ad must be the one for a black mask that you smear over your face. You put it on, let it dry, then peel it off. The purpose is to remove blackheads and other imperfections on your skin. I would be fine with them just telling me that it does that, but no. They have to show you closeups of nasty white stuff being pulled out of your pores. At one point they show somebody squeezing their skin to show how much of that gook comes out. Seriously, the ads on television are horrible. They seem to be aimed at the most boorish strata of society. There is no civility anymore. Worst of all, when I watch Tosh.0, I can't tell if I'm watching the show or the ads anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment