Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Stevie Nicks



On Sunday Evening, I lifted Mark up onto my shoulders while he screamed "Woooo.. Hoooo.. Rhiannon...Rhiannon !" Meanwhile I shoved two fingers into either side of my mouth and let loose with a loud, high pitched whistle. The smell of marijuana wafted through the air. We were reliving our youth. We were at the Ravinia Festival with one of the all time greats of the era of good music, Stevie Nicks.

Okay, no I did not lift Mark up onto my shoulders. No Mark did not scream out for Stevie Nicks to sing one of his favorite songs. Mark did not scream out anything. I did not whistle. I do not know how to do that fingers shoved into your mouth style of whistling. There was the smell of marijuana, but that might have actually been a skunk in the area. Smoking pot makes me cough up a lung in my old age. But never mind all that, we were within fifty feet of Stevie Nicks and she was great. There was a "Woo Hoo" girl sitting next to me. Every time the band played the first few notes of a familiar and popular Stevie Nicks song, the woo hoo girl would jump up, throw her hands in the air, and start swinging her hips back and forth usually bumping me in the side of the head. Otherwise, during the less familiar songs, she was sitting down screwing around with her smart phone.

So we enjoyed the concert very much. However, halfway through it Mark leans over to me and shows me a text on his phone.
"I can't read that. I didn't bring my glasses." I tell him.
"It's from a friend. He says for you to turn off your Facebook live streaming."
"I didn't turn on any live streaming. Maybe I pocket dialed live streaming"
"What's live streaming?"
I explained live streaming to Mark and he started yelling at me.
"Oh my god. You mean everybody could hear everything we were talking about?"
I tried to tell Mark no, my phone was in my pocket and it would be muffled at best. I never got that out because the band started playing 'Stand Back' and the woo hoo girl knocked me in the side of the head with her hips. But I understand Mark's horror. We talk shit all the time. Shit that we would never, ever say in front of other people. It's kind of how we guarantee that we'll never break up. We each have too much dirt on each other. Anyway, after I got home I put on my glasses and read the text on Mark's phone. His friend wasn't telling me to turn live streaming off. He was telling me to turn it on so that he could watch the show. Woo Hoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment