Friday, March 2, 2018

Keep on Truckin' Granny



It's been two weeks now that I've been on my fitness kick. Four visits to the gym and I don't feel any stronger. Maybe it's because I have not yet done the full circuit of fitness machines. Too many people, not enough machines, and I hate to wait.

Going to the gym to workout has brought back to mind many of the reasons I lost interest in the first place. My old gym from the mid 1990s was perfect. It was in a small storefront in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I would go there three times a week, around three in the afternoon, and the place would be empty. I had it all to myself. I knew that couldn't continue, that sooner or later they'd go out of business. No way were they making enough money off of me alone. Turned out I was correct, and it was sooner. So I moved over to one of the big name gyms. I hated it. They had lots of machines, but I still had to wait all the time. I would see an available machine and have to move fast before somebody else got there. What I hated the most were the people who thought that the fitness machines were some kind of lounge chair. I'd be waiting and waiting while some sweaty asshole would sit and sit for five minutes between reps. Sometimes they'd be sitting on a machine while screwing around with their cell phone, or chatting with one of the gym bimbos that were always around (Bimbo: Not necessarily female).

So now I'm going to this gym that caters to older people. What I didn't expect is that every afternoon, when I go to this gym, a bus load of old coots get let off in front of the place (Probably not much older than me, if that.) They then all pile inside and gum up the works. The locker room fills up with naked old men who seem to like strutting about. Out on the gym floor all the machines get taken up by gray haired ladies who set the weights fifty pounds over what I would use (Yes, they're doing fifty five pound bicep curls). What I hate most is that, just like the young ones, they also think the machines are lounge chairs. I think one of them even fell asleep in the leg lift chair yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment