Friday, February 14, 2020

Demon Robot



Every morning I get up and head for the living room. I'm checking on the robot vacuum cleaner making sure that it is at its docking station. No surprise, it always does make it back and that is because Mark bought me a new robot last Christmas. It replaces the original robot that he bought two years ago. I retired that old one to dining room cleaning duty and turned the living room chores over to the new guy. Apparently they have put a much more powerful motor in the new model because I have found it trying to climb Mark's mid-century modern coffee table. It has taken the throw blanket Mark has on the sofa and dragged it across the living room. Just about every morning I find the hallway rug in a rumpled mess. Dog toys will be scattered about the living room, furniture moved, and electrical cords pulled from the sockets. The damn thing is relentless. It is going to clean that living room, hell or high water. And I believe it probably could handle high water too. Yet every morning, there it is at the docking station flashing the little light, telling me that it is recharging. Having done its job once again, it sits there flashing that light and mocking me as I go about picking up the dog toys and Mark's blanket. However, I have to admit, the floors are spotless.

No comments:

Post a Comment