Monday, July 13, 2020

Home

Mom in front of the Poplar trees on Ada Street

I was sitting in my living room last evening waiting for Mark's supplies to be delivered. Mark is supposed to be discharged today, so a whole bunch of things will be needed for support. Anyway, I was sitting there looking out the large living room windows as the sun dipped behind the bungalows across the street. The end of the day, it kind of made me sad. The sun setting reminded me of my grandparent's house on South Ada Street when I was a kid. I spent many overnights at my grandparent's house. When morning came I would get up and look out their living room windows that faced east. I still remember the rising sun rippling through leaves of the Lombardy Poplar trees that Grandma had planted. Three or four of them in the parkway between the sidewalk and the street. She had planted those a long time ago because I see photos of the street from my mom's albums. Photos taken in the 1940s and late 1930s, and the trees were there. It always made me feel good. The towering trees and the sun of a new day, like something good was going to happen.

I got up this morning and took the dogs out to the back yard. Time to do their poopies and what not. Maybe Chandler will eat some raspberries off the bush, Scout will bark at the big German Sheppard across the alley. The sun was rising behind the big trees on the next block. A new day and something good is going to happen. Mark is coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment