Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Two Scoops

 


Monday morning I got up, fed the dogs, let the dogs out, then brought the dogs back in. It was a very nice day. Sunny and balmy, and it put me into a good mood. I then poured myself a bowl of raisin bran and sat down to watch the news. As I chomped on my raisin bran, the dogs stood sentry in front of me waiting for something, anything, to fall to the floor from my cereal bowl. Like a spoon conveyor belt, I was shoveling cereal into my mouth as fast as it could handle it. And then I hit something. I had bit down on what seemed to be a pebble and immediately thought that I might have a good law suit against Kellogg's. After fishing my finger around in there, I pulled a small hard piece of something out of my mouth. I placed it on a napkin for further investigation after breakfast. Stuffing another mouthful of raisin bran into my mouth, I realized that something was not right. Again I went fishing with my finger, and way in the back I found a jaggedness where a tooth should have been. Holy crap, now I really do have a case against Kellogg's. I got my magnifying glass out and looked at the little pebble like thing on the napkin. It was not a pebble. It was not something that arrived in the box of raisin bran from Kellogg's. It was the top of one of my teeth.

A couple of months ago I went to the dentist because I had a bit of pain in a tooth. I pointed out which tooth it was to the dentist. She took x-rays, and poked around in there, finally announcing that it was not the tooth I had pointed to. It was the tooth opposite that one. It took four trips to the dentist to fix it. A root canal, a crown, and twelve hundred dollars. She did a nice job on that tooth. Unfortunately, it was the wrong tooth. The tooth that exploded while I was grinding away on that raisin bran was the tooth I had pointed out as the one giving me pain. I have an appointment for Friday. This time I don't think I'll have to point out the bad tooth.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment