Monday, December 20, 2021

Maybe You Could Keep That Mask on Until the Date is Over

 


For the last twenty months I've listened to people whine and bitch about having to wear a mask around other human beings. Seriously, I am sick and tired of wearing them too. However, the reason we're still having to do it is because of those very people who refused to go along with the precautions necessary to control the covid virus. No masks, no vaccines, breathing on other people. They just couldn't deal with it. I used to have a job repairing anesthesia machines in hospital operating rooms. For that job I would have to put on what they called a bunny suit, a hair covering, booties over my filthy street shoes, and a mask across my face. It was a bitch trying to work on those machines all bundled up like that, and the mask made my glasses fog up. However, to protect those patients who would be operated on later, I dealt with it. One thing always bothered me though. I was all sterile in my powder blue bunny suit just like required. Yet nobody ever said a word about the filthy tool kit I would drag with me into the operating room. Sometimes, if it had been raining outside and my tool box was especially dirty, I would put large foot booties on the wheels. Nobody told me to do that, it just seemed prudent.

I retired from that job over fifteen years ago and I didn't miss having to wear a mask while working. Now I find myself wearing a mask to the super market, the drug store, and at the bowling alley. I hate it. Especially at the bowling alley. That's because the mask is distracting while bowling and it's a gay bowling league. No problem with the gay part. It's the fact that some guys look especially good from the bridge of their nose on up, but are quite a letdown when they take that mask off to drink a beer.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment