Friday, July 8, 2022

Thursday

 


Yesterday was, get things done day. First thing I did, fixed the flat tire on my Model A that I've been putting off since Monday. That was a learning experience since I had completely forgotten how I did it the last time. It's really no different than when I was a kid and had to patch an inner tube on my bicycle, only on a larger scale. My problem was trying to do it while the wheel was still on the car. Nope, you have to take it off. I eventually laid it out in the yard and wrestled with it there. With my knees, a couple of tire irons, and some soapy water, the tire came right off. Getting it back on was even easier. I'll have to remember that.

Second chore of the day, picking up dog food at the Petco store. I love going to the pet supply store because there are dogs there. Dogs I've never met, wagging their tails, sniffing around, and once in a while barking at me. Like the very suspicious brown dog that thought I had come too close to her owner. I told her that she was a good dog.

After the Petco store, I went over to my favorite old timey hardware store on the corner of Devon and Clark Streets. It's one of those places with creaky wooden floors that smells vaguely of rubber, dust, and lumber and all the employees know exactly what I'm looking for. I should go there more often. After leaving the hardware store, while driving down Granville Avenue, I noticed that my eyesight had become disturbingly bad. My first thought was that the sun was too bright in my eyes, so I pulled down the visor. It didn't help, and I started thinking that maybe the day I won't even be able to drive on a bright sunny day had come. So I kept going, two more blocks of squinting and very slow driving. At some point I looked down for a second and noticed my glasses laying on the console between the seats. But I was wearing glasses, what the hell? I was wearing my reading glasses. I hate this old man crap.

1 comment: