Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Lucky Bucky

 


I have a new roommate. This time it's a white guy with three legs. Actually, sort of off white, and adorable. His name is Bucky, and he's a dog. So cute and Scout seems to really like him too. She went sniffing around his nether regions the other night, so she's interested. However, Bucky didn't go for it and there was a short confrontation. After I settled them both down, Scout kind of pouted. I think she was surprised that Bucky wouldn't let her do a complete examination. Anyway, they're getting along very well now. They walk together, and they both visited the hair salon together. Not to get their hair done. It's the place on the corner that Scout stops in every day at the end of her walk. Latta, the owner, gives Scout a cookie and the ladies all go gaga over her. Yesterday they got to go gaga over the two of them.

Bucky isn't my dog. I'm only his foster father while he goes through chemo and treatment for cancer. That's why he only has three legs. Lost the right front one to cancer and as of now the doctors aren't sure they got it all. So he needs more medical care. Which is what my job will be, taking him to the doctor and making sure all his needs are taken care of. So far the little guy is a dream roommate. Other than the fact that Scout has taught him to bark at everything they see out the front windows, he's been a sweetheart. My only problem is that one day I might have to give him up to a new forever home. However, I will be lobbying for permanent custody if that comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment