Friday, July 28, 2023

Dad Always Said, "Pee Before We Leave"

 



Here in the Chicago area they have these stores called Menards. When I moved away in 1989 there weren't any. When I moved back in 2016 they were a big thing. A big thing in more than just them being everywhere. The actual stores are gigantic. They're about the size of two football fields side by side. Along the same lines as Home Depot and Lowes, but more. They sell hardware and lumber, also clothing, food, furniture, and probably a lot more only I've never been through the entire place. It's like trying to see the Louvre in one visit. Anyway, I went to Menards on Tuesday and it brought up two problems that I've always had.

When I walked in the place I was overwhelmed to the point of forgetting most of what I had wanted to buy. Just the massiveness of the place put me so in awe that it wiped my brain clean. Also, I had to pee really bad. I had peed before I left the house knowing the tendency of my bladder to fill rapidly. I don't know why, but when I get in the car every bit of liquid in my body starts racing to the bladder. So I peed at home, peed at Menards, and in a final insult from my bladder, I had to pee by the time I returned home. All this was within about an hour and fifteen minutes.

You might think this is all caused by old age. I don't think it is. I've always had problems remembering things, like shopping lists, people's names, what I did yesterday, and I've always had a weak bladder. In fact I got arrested one night in Henry County, Illinois for pulling over on a country road and peeing next to the car. I have no idea what the cop was doing parked in the bushes with his lights off only a few feet away.

No comments:

Post a Comment