Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Does It Hurt When I Poke Your Eye With This Stick?

Yesterday was eye doctor day. Every six months I go to the eye doctor, voluntarily, for a series of tests and procedures that are just slightly more bothersome than waterboarding. After poking at my eyes, taking photos with a flash brighter than the sun, and finally having the doctor personally peering into them with an airplane landing light, I have been declared 'Just as blind as the last time I went through this'. What is amazing, is that as fragile as the doctor says my eyes are, he has no problem treating them like two balls of silly putty. Personally, I think the doctor is just a little sadistic, and he might be milking the insurance company with all these tests.My eyesight is the reason I have quit driving, and the reason my last employer decided that they didn't want me monkeying around with their equipment. There was even something mentioned about lawsuits just before they "laid me off". So now I go through my little bit of torture every six months, and hope that things aren't getting worse. I'm really pulling for the doctor to keep me seeing at least a little bit of the world around me. I just wish he could do it without blinding me with those bright lights.

9 comments:

  1. Alan, are those really close ups of your actual eyeball?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is the inside back of my eyes. I think it is called the retina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh ! Thats craziness !

    Does it make you feel any thing when you see parts of your self like this in a pic? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you should see the colonoscopy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ono, please god no !!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you know what I went through 50+ years ago with my eye problem!! Just remember the solution was to rip it out!!! Keep yours as long as you can and remember they have come a VERY long way since the 50's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that was the 1940s, Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU TUBE VIDEO: Be careful. You'll shoot your eye out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZh7OZ5Xc4Q&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why so mean Garret???? Been talking to my much older brother???

    ReplyDelete