Wednesday, May 6, 2009

String of Pearls

Chandler is an extremely oral dog. He constantly needs something in his mouth, and whether it's Mark's leg, Mark's arm, or a chewy strip, it doesn't matter to him, just so he has something to chew on. Lately he has taken more of a liking to shoes. I can never count on my shoes being where I left them, often one will be left were I put it, and the other will be in my office with the insole separated from it. Thankfully he doesn't really chew the shoes or the insoles, he just likes to carry them around the house like a trophy.

Unfortunately there are some things that he loves to chew, and then swallow. Besides cat poop, cat gack*, and cat food, he loves anything that shreds easily, or can be chewed into small enough pieces to fit down his gullet. One delicacy that Chandler cannot resist, is used dental floss. Despite my warnings to Mark, he often leaves his used floss in an open trash can that Chandler looks upon as his personal trash buffet. I am not sure what it takes to move that floss from Chandlers mouth, through his body and beyond, but it does make its way on through. More than once I have witnessed the amazing poop on a string effect, caused by Chandlers ingestion of dental floss, or some other fibrous material. The worst part of that scenario isn't Chandler trying to squeeze the offending material out, it's me running around with a paper towel, trying to grab it and pull the string of turds the rest of the way out.

*cat gack: anything that comes flying out of a cats mouth. i.e., hairballs, rat parts, treats well meaning people have been feeding the cat.

4 comments:

  1. Don't know if that is better or worse than the piles of unexpected and unexplained vomit. 5 at last count and it doesn't include what ZOE left in her crate. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark's leg, Mark's arm, or a chewy strip = Same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and a sassy dog always does...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll remember to keep my dental floss buried under the cat poop.

    ReplyDelete