Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Water On The Brain

I would like to be ecologically responsible, but sometimes just being me makes that difficult. Despite the fact that we have been having tropical downpours every day for the last couple of weeks, we are still statistically in a drought, and we aren't supposed to be wasting water. So today, because of all the rain, I decided to let some of the water out of the pool so that the circulation and cleaning equipment would work properly. I opened the big valve by the pump, and water started gushing out. I figured about ten minutes would be enough to get the level down. While I was waiting, I went back into the house to check on my email. On my way to the email, I made a quick stop at the game site where I started a game of 'Bubbles'. An hour later I remembered the pool. I don't know if this is an early sign of dementia, or that I'm just a numbskull, but if you were to bet on it, pick numbskull. As I ran outside, I could hear the pool pump sucking air, and I could see that the water level had dropped below the intake.After running the garden hose for an hour, and pouring hundreds of gallons of expensive water into the pool, I have it back up to an acceptable level. Just in time for the afternoon downpour, which is filling the pool to the brim again.

5 comments:

  1. is there enough water left to make ice for an alcoholic drink? that's important in these trying situations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always forgot to turn off the sprinklers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hostess, Don't worry, I obsess over the ice maker. Why do you think people go crazy after a hurricane looking for ice?

    Dennis, I left the sprinklers on so you could put on your thong bathing suit and go run around under them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wasn't a thong, it was a regular suit that rode up my you know what...

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, Dennis, that was the dental floss that I left above the ceiling tile.

    ReplyDelete