Monday, May 6, 2013

Oh Balls

Slurp, slurp, slurp...
"Chandler, stop that!"
Scratch, scratch, scratch...
"Sasha, please stop ripping your hair out."
It doesn't matter what I say, Chandler continues to lick the former site of his testicles, and Sasha continues to scratch until she's gone bald. This started last week. It was like a plague had descended upon our house. Both dogs with skin rashes and uncontrolled itching. So I sat down and tried to figure out what had changed and what both dogs had in common. I am not one hundred percent sure, but I think it is their food. A couple of weeks ago I went to the supermarket for dog food. They were out of our brand so I grabbed another brand with a name that indicates that it is beneficial, and wonderful. What it was, was cheap. Anyway, to prove my suspicions I Googled the name of the dog food along with the words 'skin rash'. What popped up were hundreds of hits with stories of dogs getting rashes from this brand of dog food.
I dumped half a bag of that crap into the garbage, and replaced it with a bag of the dog's regular brand. I'm not sure, but I think the itching is starting to subside. The only way I can really judge if it is getting better is by the sounds I hear in the dark of night. You know, no slurping or scratching all night. I mean the dogs, not Mark. I don't know what to do to get him to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment