Friday, August 29, 2014

How Much is That Doggy in the Window?



On a summer afternoon when I want to take a nice little nap, I turn on a baseball game, turn the volume down just a bit, and allow the nasal vocalizing of the announcer to lull me to sleep. There in my big fluffy recliner chair my eyes lids slowly close and I drift off to dream land. It would be nice if it stayed that way for more than five minutes, but unfortunately I have dogs. In an instant I am jarred from my slumbers by the insane cacophony of barking dogs. It seems that my tenant is doing his laundry again. No matter how many times he has walked by my living room window, no matter how many times he has said hello to my dogs out on the front porch, no matter how many times he has petted them when visiting my house, they go absolutely nuts if he dares to walk past their window on the way to the laundry room. It's not just my dogs that are that way. My other tenant has a lovely dog named Mia. She is adorable, she loves my dogs, and wags her tail in anticipation when she sees me. Yet no matter how many times we have bonded out in the dog run, or when I am in her apartment, I cannot walk past her window without her going nuts. What is it about dogs and windows? Why can't they see that the same guy outside the window is the same guy who says hello to them in the back yard? Anyway, again yesterday I was jounced from my sleep by the dogs. Of course it's not as if all would be right in the world if the dogs didn't awaken me from my naps. Because even if they didn't exist, or were the best behaved mutts on Earth, I'd still have Mark, who also seems to hate to see me napping.

1 comment:

  1. The dogs are yipping, Mark is yapping, and Alan is napping (or trying to.)

    ReplyDelete