Monday, November 25, 2019

God Save the Queen



I like to sit at home and watch a movie on Saturday night. Sometimes there isn't a decent movie to be found on television. Not on TCM, HBO, nor Showtime. I refuse to watch a commercial channel with advertisements. Such was the case on Saturday, so I turned to Netflix. The problem with Netflix is that you start cruising through the available products, scrolling and scrolling and scrolling, finding little of interest. If something doesn't grab me within the first two minutes I usually opt out and continue searching. Six years ago while surfing through Netflix, I came across Breaking Bad. It sucked me in instantly. The opening scene with the careening motor home got me. I don't know why, but I then binge watched the first four and a half seasons in a period of ten days. It was as if I were hooked on meth, I had to have more. Every day I would watch three to five episodes until there were no more. Luckily for me the second half of season five began the week I finished my binge. Since then I have binge watched the entire series twice, from episode one to the demise of Walter White and escape of Jessie. Now I have become hooked on another Netflix show. The Crown. I find it fascinating. I love the fact that it is history dressed up to entertain me. I watched three episodes Saturday and one last night. Like I said, if something in the opening scene doesn't grab me right away I move on. For some reason King George VI, coughing up blood in the bathroom sink, piqued my interest and I kept watching. So that's what I am now watching every chance I get until I am all caught up with the story line. So please, don't tell me how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment