Thursday, November 14, 2019

The Throne Room



The first thing I do when I move into a new home is change the toilet seats. Even though I have used public toilets over my many years, I have an aversion to constantly using the same seat that the previous home owner used. I know, it doesn't make sense. Anyway, when we moved into this place I ran out to Home Depot and got me a very nice, soft shut toilet seat. It was not cheap. You would think that when you paid more for a high quality toilet seat, that toilet seat would last a very long time. But, after just three years of our butts, that toilet seat started to show wear. I'm not sure if it was the fumes or the ruggedness of our man asses that made the outer coating crack and chip off. The thing was discolored and ugly, so Mark bought us a beautiful new toilet seat. And because I bought the white one three and a half years ago, Mark decided to integrate our bathroom with a nice new black seat. I sure hope it lasts a very long time, because removing an old toilet seat is disgusting. I used rubber gloves and lots of spray bleach before I would even touch that thing. Remember, it's two men living here, and one of them does not have good aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment