Monday, April 8, 2019

Spring, Sprang, Sprung


Chicago is known for its spindly back porches built out of lumber. Unfortunately, some of the suburban yuppies who have moved into the city have mistaken them for the decks they remember on mom and dad's split level. You put a dozen drunken low-level management types out on one of those, and you can have yourself a disaster. They do collapse. So when I noticed that my back porch quivered a bit when I took the dogs out, I decided it was time to get rid of some of the crap I've been storing out there. You see, when Mark orders things on line I bring the new stuff in through the front door, then shove the older things out the back door to make room. Sometimes I even cut out the middle part and carry his new thing straight out to the back porch. Anyway, it is spring and I decided it was time to do my spring cleaning. I've already schlepped about one quarter of the crap on the porch down to the basement. Basically I'm making a new job for next year, when I'll have to clean out the basement. I hope to get everything that Mark doesn't use very often, off the porch by the end of the week. It'll make Dennis from upstairs, me, and the dogs feel a bit more safe.


Before I started schlepping it down to the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment