Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Better Get Going to Walgreens


I take at least one Excedrin every day and have done so for nearly fifty years. Sometimes I'll do four or six in one day. Excedrin contains acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine. If I don't take my Excedrin, my head is foggy all day long. The company that makes it is having problems supplying it to stores, so I have been using a Walgreens generic version. It seems to be just as good, so I'm happy. Yesterday I had one pill left in the bottle so off I went to Walgreens for a refill. As I pulled into the parking lot it was apparent something was wrong. The parking lot was empty other than one Chicago Police car sitting there. On the windows of the Walgreens were numerous hand lettered signs saying, " Closed". No problem. There is another Walgreens about a mile away, so I went over to that one. Again, empty parking lot, cop car, and hand lettered sign telling me they were closed. Grrrr.... I then went over to Target, about half a mile away. Sonofabitch. At the entrance to the target parking lot sat a Chicago cop car with lights flashing. Target was closed. By this time I was frantic for my Excedrin fix. I drove west to Lincoln Avenue and took that into Lincolnwood, a town separate from the city. A mile into the town was another Walgreens, and it was open. I got my pills and a big jug of Drano Max. My newly longish hair is clogging the shower drain. I left Lincolnwood happy and started home with the radio turned up loud. As I passed the Walgreens closest to my house, the first one I had gone to, I could see the paper signs were off the windows, the cop was gone, and the lights were on. Well, double sonofabitchmuther..... Not my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment