Friday, March 12, 2021

Seeds of Summer

 


I started about a week later than I usually do with my summer gardening. Yes, I am through with winter and I am jumping into spring, with my eye on summer. For the last few years I have started seedlings in my basement for transplanting in the garden. It works out great and saves me a little bit of money. This year was more difficult because moving around in nearly three feet of snow kept me from visiting the hardware store. I have tried ordering seeds online, but last year when I ordered seeds through Amazon, I didn't know they'd be coming all the way from China. Seriously, it took three months before the seeds arrived and they had been opened by customs. I threw them out. I wasn't going to chance planting some kind of Godzilla flower that might eat my dogs. Anyway, last week I went to Lowes (Because I've come to hate Home Depot.) and picked up the starter kit and seeds. Being old with a brain that is slowly dying, I forgot the soil to plant them in so I had to make a second trip. I've done one other thing this year different from the past years. I'm leaving the newly planted seeds upstairs in my living room where I can watch the magic. The reason for leaving them upstairs is that I don't want to look at the mountain of crap I put downstairs after de-cluttering the apartment. Upstairs the magic of life, downstairs crap and spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment