Monday, July 19, 2021

Time to Turn on the Robot Vacuum

 


I really like a clean house. For many years I had a man come in every other week and clean my place from top to bottom. He was great, he even washed my clothes and if there were dishes in the sink, those too. You bet I cheated on that last bit. Sometimes there were four days worth of dishes in there. Anyway, when Mark moved in with me, he didn't like the guy. Also, the cleaning guy didn't like Mark. So that years long arrangement ended. We tried new cleaning people. One guy would stop working at exactly noon no matter how far he had got cleaning the house. Twelve noon happened to coincide with the opening time of his favorite bar. He was let go and another guy was hired. After two weeks he simply disappeared. So I gave up and since then I have cleaned my house myself. Like I said, I really like a clean house. I like the smell of a clean house, the look of a clean house, and the order of a clean house. Unfortunately, I hate actually cleaning my house. To help me, Mark bought me two of those robot vacuum cleaners. I love them. But just like I don't like cleaning house, I don't like cleaning those robot vacuum cleaners. So I turn them off, sometimes for as long as a week. What I get then are piles of dog hair under everything.

Yesterday I posted on the neighborhood Facebook page a request for cleaning services recommendations. I'm going to see about hiring somebody again. I just hope they like dogs. Oh, and I hope they like to work cheaply. I'll even wash my own dishes for the right price.

No comments:

Post a Comment