Friday, January 7, 2022

The No Judgement Zone

 

So I've been going to the gym regularly since signing up. That's three times so far. I probably got my money's worth already. I'm finding that parts of my body that hurt, aren't hurting as much after one of my workouts. I think my muscles are happy that I've stopped letting them atrophy. It's a nice gym with plenty of equipment. Two or more of everything, and rows and rows of cardio equipment. It has a nice big locker room with plenty of lockers, and I got to see a fit man naked in there the other day (I'm easily entertained). As for their motto, "The No Judgement Zone." I find that to be true, at least as far as everybody else in the place. However, I'm very judge'y. Like the naked guy in the locker room. I gave him a seven. That's out of a possible ten.

I always start my work out on a recumbent, stationary bike. Yesterday I was just starting out when I heard loud belching behind me. I looked forward into the mirrors and saw a long haired person on one of those stair step things where you never get to the top. You just keep stepping. As I watched, the long haired belcher turned the speed up and started slamming their way up the never ending stairs. At no time could I make out if that person was a male or female. Just a long haired person who started yelping between belches and swinging his/her arms wildly while continuing the long climb to nowhere. As I peddled calmly along on my stationary bike, crazy person continued to yelp, throw his/her head around, belch, and at times scream out "Yes, yes, yes!" It was very weird. When I was done with my peddling, I turned around for a better look. He/she continued to throw themself around like a crazy person, screaming and belching. Meanwhile the other patrons simply looked off into the distance, not judging. 

I'll have to get used to this 'no judgement' thing, because I was judging like crazy.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment