Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Sweet Little Puppy Dogs

 

It's not really about puppy dogs

If you want to know how Facebook came about, Google 'facemash'.

Over the weekend I was notified by Facebook that I was "Restricted". I couldn't post, I couldn't comment. I was a bad boy. What did I do? According to the artificial intelligence robot that Facebook probably uses to weed out bad boys, I used hate speech. I had commented on a story about a woman who had been virtually raped on a virtual game web site. She hadn't been actually raped. It was a fantasy site. So my comment was that it was not real and the woman needed to not go there anymore because it only pointed out that men are pigs. I assume the robot that patrols Facebook comments, felt that calling men pigs was hate speech. That's okay with me. My problem is, how the hell are we supposed to know what words trigger the damn robot? Was it the use of pig in a declarative sentence? Was it me saying people are too fragile and shouldn't let fantasy game sites rule them? I'm not sure. Anyway, as of now I am back on the Facebook. That is, just as long as they don't read this blog post. It would really be so much easier if they would actually publish a list of the bad words they don't want us to use and in what order to not use them. Because from what I can make out, Facebook was on the side of the virtual rapists.

No comments:

Post a Comment