Monday, February 28, 2022

These Boots Are Made For Walking


My dog, Chandler, is getting old. His legs aren't what they used to be and he has a hard time keeping upright when he walks on the hardwood floors or the ice outside. So I figured that rubber boots would help him. They would give him traction and the stability to go for short walks. I ordered four boots from Amazon. When they arrived I tried putting them on Chandler. It was difficult so I enlisted my friend, Dennis to help. Between the two of us, with Chandler snapping and biting at us, I got two of them on his rear feet. You would have thought I was trying to dip his feet into acid by the way he reacted. Anyway, I helped him up on his feet and he took a step. One step and he shook one boot off. Three steps later and the other boot had been kicked off. My boot idea was a failure. I would have to return the boots.

I like Amazon's return system. It is quick and efficient. You go online and  pick either a Kohl's store or a Whole Foods store to take the product back. I picked the Whole Foods since I needed a gallon of milk anyway. It was painless. You hand the employee at the front of the store the package, hold up your phone with the QR code on it, and you're done. Now, about that gallon of milk. I haven't been in a Whole Foods store in about ten years. For some reason I was not impressed with them. However, this store was huge and seemed to have everything, so I went over to the dairy department and looked at the milk. They had two brands. The first brand was priced at $5.99 a gallon. No way was I going to pay that much. The second brand was priced at $7.99 a gallon. WTF, were they milking the golden calf? Now I remembered why I didn't shop at the Whole Foods. I left the store and drove a few blocks to the Jewel store where they sell two gallons of milk for four dollars. Even if I don't finish off the second gallon before it expires, I come out ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment