Monday, October 17, 2022

I Walked Like a Duck, sooo...

 

1952, That's me in the duck costume

I bought some Halloween candy last week. Two bags of Reese's mini peanut butter cups. I swear, I won't eat them. I got away without having to deal with kids trick or treating for the last three years. In 2019 it snowed and no kids came around, and the last two years the covid scared them away. I don't think I can get away with ignoring it again this year.

I can do without Halloween. Mark loved it and always tried to get me involved, but I mostly resisted. Mark did not hate it, he looked forward to Halloween and always had very clever costumes. I did not. I wore regular clothes and simply accompanied Mark as his bad date. In fact after a few years of going out with Mark, I stopped. Instead I just sat in my big recliner and told him to have a great time as he walked out the door.

Maybe the last three years broke the cycle of Halloween trick or treating. Possibly not one child dressed in some costume I can't figure out, will show up. Not one troublesome teen who should have stopped doing the trick or treating thing by seventh grade will come ringing my doorbell. And hopefully, idiot adults dressed as sexy nuns, sexy nurses, and sexy whores will stay away. Not that I want all those Reese's mini peanut butter cups for myself. Seriously, I do not. I worked hard losing more than thirty pounds. No, instead I'll bring the leftover candy to bowling and let those folks get fat.

Mark as Tonto


No comments:

Post a Comment