Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gesundheit!

This post will be short, because I will probably drift back to unconsciousness before I'm done typing. You see, right now there is a civil war going on inside my brain between the Nyquil I took last night and the Dayquil, (Is that what it’s called?) that I have been sipping all day.

The problem with having allergies, is that you can never tell if you are coming down with a cold or if the cat has been sleeping on your pillow while you were away. It started Monday morning with long fits of sneezing, and quickly was followed by a mucus tsunami of biblical proportions. Before I left to go walk dogs at the shelter, I took a dose of Claritin, but it didn’t seem to do the job and I continued to sneeze and spew snot. It was when I got home that I started on the Dayquil which allowed me to go bowling Monday night. The five vodka/sodas I had at bowling also helped me feel much better, and seemed to improve my skills. At least to me it seemed like I was more focused. Alcohol and cold medicine will do that. I’ll know if that is true next week, when I get a chance to look at my scores that were printed out. For now, I’m just going to go back and sit in my big fluffy chair and slip back into my Nyquil/Dayquil stupor.

7 comments:

  1. Boy does Fat Kitty look content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does the cat sleeping on his lap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nyquil, Dayquil and 5 Vodka/Sodas. I think you need an intervention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Nyquil only when I have a cold, which is once a year maybe. I don't do that every day. But I did bowl pretty good, I might just start doing that on bowling night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon, I get hay fever. Last year I got some acupuncture for it though and it really helped!

    Is that your bathroom? Its lovely pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink was big in 1960 when it was built.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sixties and seventies color schemes are back in style....

    ReplyDelete