Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Pukin' of the Green

Yesterday we celebrated one of the most solemn of holy days in the Catholic Church, Saint Patrick's Day. This is the day that young people, dressed in ugly green clothing, pay homage to Saint Patrick by going out and slugging down gallons of green beer, until they see snakes. It is continued the next morning when many kneel before the porcelain altar, and pray to God for relief. It's all very religious.

I have never liked drinking holidays like New Years and St. Patty's because it always brings out the amateurs and results in carnage and mayhem. You don't really need a specious excuse to go out and drink too much, the bars are open all year long kids. Spread it out.


There is one part of Saint Patrick's Day that I do like, dinner. Last night Mark made his traditional corned beef and cabbage with potatoes. As it is with everything Mark prepares, the corned beef was delicious. I'm not sure about the cabbage because I don't eat cabbage. To me cabbage is fine in coleslaw or as something to feed a goat, but on it's own it is nothing more than a soggy, flavorless, mess. One reason I know cabbage isn't supposed to actually be eaten is because Chandler won't touch it, and Chandler eats everything including cat poop, and toilet paper.

Finally, a little advice for you young ones. If you are going to go out and drink green beer until the world is spinning and ugly is the new pretty, don't eat a lot of gassy cabbage before hand. You'll only be looking at all that green again in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget the rat that Chandler ate also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a flouro green puke once. My ex bf said it was like a vision from hell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did he hold your hair while you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought for a moment that you had taken a picture of me while praying.

    ReplyDelete