Monday, March 9, 2009

Time to Clean

I always hate changing the damn time twice a year. They call it Eastern Standard Time, but it's only around for four months. How standard is that? After going through the house this morning and adjusting about a dozen clocks, we are now on Daylight Savings Time. The one good thing about it is that Chandler doesn't bug me to go poopies until an hour later than before.

Saturday Mark had another one of his famous dinner parties. I think he has an ulterior motive besides feeding people, practicing his culinary skills, and having an excuse to sit around and drink wine. I think he also does it to get me to clean the house. I am a horrible housekeeper, and that is why I always kept my place quite simple when I lived alone. No clutter to collect dust, and clean under. Just a place to sit, and a place to sleep. Now with all the crap and clutter that Mark has brought to this house, it takes me a month just to work up the energy for cleaning it. There are some places around here that have actually never even seen a vacuum cleaner, or a dust mop. In fact there is one place that I have never, ever, had the courage to inspect. The space under my bed. As they say "Out of sight, out of mind". This time while cleaning the house in preparation for the dinner party, I decided it might be time to have a look under there. What I found was a collection of Chandler's toys, enormous dust bunnies, and one skinny little cat who had turned it into a comfy little nest for herself. So no, I didn't clean under there Saturday. I used the excuse that Carlotta kitty is terrified of the vacuum cleaner, and ignored it. I will have to clean under the bed real soon though, because now at night I am having dreams of dust monsters and wild animals living under there.

3 comments:

  1. What, no one will coment on your hygiene?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judge not lest ye be judged........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's pretty common not to clean under a bed. At least not too often. How about under a sofa, or behind a range. Imagine the dead things you might find.

    ReplyDelete