Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mark Baked More Cookies Last Night



My mom says I write too many stories involving poop. You know what they say, "write what you know."


I walked into the kitchen this morning and almost gagged. One of the cats had just dropped a load in the litter box and didn't bury it. These crazy cats do something I call air scratching. They go into the litter box, poop, and then start making like they are going to bury it, but they just wave their paws around in the air and then step out. It's like they are too cute and sweet to actually touch that nasty stuff. I quickly reached in there and buried it for them, and then went around opening windows to air the place out before Mark got wise. I didn't need to hear him gagging and puking so early in the day. The problem was that even after thirty minutes the smell was still lingering. 'Did one of those girls poop in a closet, or under that Christmas tree?', I wondered. Around and around I went, through the house smelling and searching. I finally found it. Not cat, but dog poop, caked on my dog walking shoes that I had shoved under the bed after taking Chandler out.

I live such a sweet life. One day I'm enjoying the aroma of Mark baking cookies, and the next day it all goes to shit. I don't care, the cookies still taste great!

18 comments:

  1. I guess someone didn't clean up after their dog. Oh well, you reap what you sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't Chandlers. I know where he dropped every turd. He poops up against the fence or under a bush (and boy does Barbra get pissed).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry what mom says about too many poop stories, I am sure she could fill a book with her own!!
    Your's really crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is the ultimate suck...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, you reap what you "sow" unless you are making a quilt! (and Alan, "CENSORED" is the word verification? How about CENSORED?!!)

    Note from Alan: Sorry Peggy, I try to not use our last name on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminded me of the time my brother spent all day making pasta and he left it out to dry on the kitchen counter overnight. The cats did not approve and pissed all over his pasta.

    Since it only remotely relates to your story in that it involves cats, I don't know why I just remembered that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is too funny! From the title I thought I would be reading about how much you are enjoying Mark's cookies but instead it's about the cat and dog poop!!! Hilarious. By the way - the cookies look very, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Al. Check out photo Friday, December 14, 2009 11:29 PM,comment #14. Is anonymous a profit (oh wait, tell your sister I meant prophet)or what. She must use a web site such as scoops, or is it poops?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that you are the last "Anonymous", Dave. You never do make any sense!

    ReplyDelete
  10. December 14th wasn't a photo Friday. Please, can't we all just get a long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who received that delicious looking box of cookies in the picture. They're not packed securely enough to get all the way to Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dennis, that went to the staff at Abandoned Pet Rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Co Birthday Friend!!

    I must know more about those cookies they look amazing the ones with powedered sugar do tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Has there ever been a last anonymous? Don't you mean previous?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The correct date was December 4th, not the 14th. Typo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I guess anonymous got their wish. I step in dog poop all the time, so it was just a educated guess, not a prophecy.

    ReplyDelete