Monday, May 14, 2012

I Like To Think I Run Things Around Here

Seeing as how Mark and I live down here in South Florida without any family nearby, we are always happy when we get family visitors. This past weekend Mark's sister was here, and it got me to thinking. I should publish my rules for over night guests. This is not directed at any one visitor like Mark's sister, it is just that she made me think about it.

Okay, so rule number one is, you will be staying in my/our office/guest room. It is my office, and I will need you to vacate it on occasion. I know you need your naps and beauty rest, but I need to play Mahjong Titans once in a while on the computer. Rule number two is, entertain yourself. I am not a tour guide, I have seen almost everything there is to see here in Florida. I don't want to go to the beach with you, don't ask. It is full of dirty sand and stinging jelly fish. Rule three, don't help me in the kitchen. I do all the cleanup. I load the dishwasher, and I empty it. I swear to god, I have been looking for my favorite cereal bowl now for three days. Finally, if you open the freezer and see a giant tub of Blue Bell pistachio ice cream with only enough left in it to feed one person, do not eat it! I know, a good host would just look the other way while you suck down his favorite ice cream, but I am not that guy.

4 comments:

  1. I think I would make a perfect house guest for you, I don't like pistachio ice cream, I hate going places with the people I visit, I tend to leave early and return late and I don't like to interact too much. "Just leave me alone" is my motto.

    Give me your address again Alan, I have to send your CD to you, you winner you:)
    Jackie
    blissfarmantiques@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, I'll have to develop a list of rules too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those rules. Especially the, "don't expect me to go places with you" rule. I am so sick of some of the tourist attractions around here (however, I never get tired of cream teas).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have guests. My place is too small....and most people stay away because they are allergic to my five cats.

    ReplyDelete