Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Overdose


Is it possible that the drug companies are employing ten year old children to design their packages? I know that when I was that age I could spot a fly landing on polka dot wall paper from five hundred feet away. Now I have trouble seeing a semi truck closing in from fifty feet away. Yesterday I went down to the Walgreens at the end of the street, and purchased a bottle of allergy medicine for Mark. When we got it home, after struggling with the ‘child proof’ and ‘tamper proof’ packaging, I handed Mark one of the pills.
“Are you sure this is the right dose?” he asked.
“I don’t know, let me read the label.”
I picked up the package, and all I could see were varying length, black lines. So I put on my reading glasses. Still, all I could make out were solid lines.
“I think that might be writing, but I can’t really make it out. Give me that magnifying glass.”
Still, I could read nothing. Old age really sucks. No matter how hard I squinted, I could not read that goddamned label. Either the drug companies need to print those things in bigger type, or I need access to an electron microscope.

1 comment:

  1. You would think since most of these pill bottles are half full anyway that the drug companies would insert a nicely folded instruction and dosage sheet printed in enlarged font. But that would make just too much sense.

    ReplyDelete