Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sonsabitches! Bumpuses!

I have lived in this house for nineteen years now. About fourteen years ago a rather strange bunch of folks moved into the place next door. The first thing they did was chop down the giant trees in the front yard so they could fit more boats, and cars on blocks out there. They got their first dog almost immediately, and over the years the dog population on that side of the fence has blossomed. I believe it is now five. Five barking, snarling dogs, no more than five feet from my windows. Don't get me wrong, the folks are nice, the dogs are nice, and they have nice kids. It's just that the dogs bark. They bark in the afternoon, and in the evening. they bark at six in the morning, and they bark at eleven at night. No matter the time of day, they are barking. The barking doesn't really bother me that much. Most of the year my windows are closed and the air conditioning drowns out the yelping hounds. But now it is winter, and in Florida winter is the time you open your windows and let the breezes blow through, along with the odor of dogs, and the sound of their howling.

Like I said, it doesn't bother me that much. What does bother me is that it bothers my tenants. Apparently barking truly disturbs them. All day long I hear the tenant screaming out the window at the top of his lungs, "Stop that goddamned barking! Shut those fucking dogs up!"  Now that is disturbing to me, the barking not so much. This goes on all day and all night. I am very worried that I will lose these tenants. They are clean, they pay their rent on time, and they don't bother me with foolish requests for things like maintenance. They are nearly perfect, but if I lose this couple I already have a plan. I will post an ad looking for a tenant who loves dogs, is clean, well paid, and deaf.

3 comments:

  1. Those neighbors need a place in the countryside not in a crowded city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or the tenants need to make noise complaints to the City.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neighbors that don't train or control their dogs are such a pain. We have a problem with the dogs next door - both bark the minute they see anything (or nothing!)on our side of the fence. Be glad when they are gone!!

    ReplyDelete