Sunday, June 7, 2015

Saturday Night at the Movies, With Alan



On our cable system they rate movies by stars. Four stars is the highest, zero of course the lowest. My problem is with the movies that are rated two and a half stars. The thing about two and a half star movies is that they're not as bad as a two star movie, but not quite a three star movie. I tend to get sucked into these movies sometimes, and although they really aren't very good, I keep expecting that extra half star to kick in at any moment. Before I know it I've watched over an hour of the movie and I really hate to abandon something I've invested that much time into. So my remedy for the situation is to fast forward through most of the second half of the movie. It's amazing how you don't lose a thing by doing that. You go right to the end where exactly what you expected to happen, happens. Saturday night I watched one such movie and I realized something. Almost every movie Jennifer Aniston is in, is a two and a half star movie. She pretty much plays the same character in every movie. I can't stand her in anything I've ever seen her in. Well almost anything. I did like her in "We're the Millers". I suppose that's because she played a whore.

No comments:

Post a Comment