Friday, May 20, 2016

Smarter Than a Pundit



Every evening for the last nineteen years, Mark and I have watched Jeopardy at 7:30. Even when we have been arguing we take time out for Jeopardy. I think it actually helped us get over some of those rough spots. When we moved north we discovered that Jeopardy is on at 3:30 in the afternoon here in Chicago. Old habits are hard to break, but the invention of the DVR solved this one. Jeopardy is still on at 7:30 in the evening around here. Now if only my bodily functions were that easily scheduled.

All this week on Jeopardy it has been what they call "Power Players" week. I don't exactly know what that means other than all the contestants have been news reporters, political know-it-alls, and elected politicians. What it has actually been is a revelation that all those so called experts and pundits are truly ignorant. Seriously, all the questions on Jeopardy this week have been of the high school level and I have been regularly shocked at just how little these "Power Players" know. It turns out that I am smarter than Anderson Cooper and that Michael Steele (Former RNC chairman) is an idiot. I'm looking forward to the grade school players week on Jeopardy, and a higher level of competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment